Friday 4 March 2016


03.03.16

I spent all day re-making the books that were destroyed today so I could reach the book fair submission deadline at 8pm. After a lot of pain and cartoons I finally did it! I rushed into uni at half 4 to get into the studios before they closed at 5 and was pleased to see a few people still in there. I chatted with Gemma and Amy for a bit and then helped Amy out with her dissertation colour experiment which was actually quite fun. She thanked me with in hot chocolate and biscuits so I was happy! 

Jim loves babies and has been going to the bounce and rhyme mother and baby group on tuseday mornings at Whitley Bay libary. Mum gave me a ring just as I handed my work in and told me that Jim was being discriminated against by library staff for his autism, telling him he could not be in the public space with the bounce and rhyme session. When he went with mum everything was fine, but when he was alone he was unwelcome. I was outraged! Mum asked the librarians why and the best excuse they had was that he was not with a baby. SO, me and mum decided to ask Adiie and baby Lexa if they wanted to go to the same group and have Jim's back. When Adie was there when they asked Jim to leave again for no reason she could say no, and that he was with her and her baby. Adiie said she would be pleased to do it and I am so thankful :) I have so good friends x 

Me and Amy hung out and watched broad city in the evening and accidentally ended up staying up really late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment