Monday 7 March 2016

07.03.16


Today started off really shit. I got a text from mum when I was getting ready saying how hurt, upset and disappointed she was that she has heard from neither me or Jim yesterday. Obviously she had not received my card and the lack of phone call did upset her... I gave her a ring and proceeded to get very upset with the fact that she thought I had forgotten Mother's day, even though I had gone to all the effort of making her a cute card (which I obviously couldn't tell her about because i wanted it to be a surprise). Yes, it was my fault, and it was my bad sending the card too late and not phoning but there were some factors I would not assume responsibility for: such as Jim forgetting (not my fault!) and not knowing when she got off work to call again (it was 10 and I was in bed by then anyway!). These excuses only made things worse and I was devastated and furious that she refused to believe I had forgotten (which I obviously didn't, proven by this blog and the images of the card I posted on Instagram!) Either way we made up a bit and I went into the studio feeling drained and generally really down.

However my day turned around when I got my glasses! These are my new 'reading glasses' (I guess) to help with my visual stress :) The colour is specifically created just for my eyes and is a combination of 4 colours, 2 pinks, 1 orange and a red. I love them! I have never had glasses before so this is really exciting! I picked them up after the opticians texted me they had arrived and I went to collect them as soon as I had my meeting with Andrea for studio. Dissertation is going to feel a bit more exiting now I think haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment