Saturday 23 May 2015


15.05.15

My filing box came in the post today! It feels so good to be this organized! The tutors want us to hand in our projects in files (mounted on A1 or A2 pages) or in sketchbooks, however I didn't feel like this was appropriate for my work as it was not how my pieces were designed to be viewed. Rather than having my work swallowed up by a big white sheet I have organized my work into five categories based on the materials used; mixed media, paint, ink, wax and print and embossing. Within these categories works produced by the same method are grouped together. Each section is ordered chronologically. I enjoyed putting this together. like a lot.

I haven't talked to Rory in days so when we talked today it was lovely! I walked into town, first stopping off at uni to collect my books which were on display. I needed to buy a box which I could use to hand in my books and found a perfectly suitable one in Wilkos. Me and Rory talked all the way there, continued as I made my purchases and some of the way back too. Like always most of our conversation was utter nonsense but that just made it more fun!

Even though I need to be getting on with my research file, now that I have completed all my practical work, I went out with Courtney. Courtney's friend is visiting and was getting into Leeds via bus at about 4am. The plan was to meet him at the bus stop after our night out. Me, Courtney and Ariana met up with Alex and a couple of his mates in a bar in town. We proceeded to bar hop and do many many disgusting shots of sambuca, vodka and whisky. I have decided I don't like shots. I can safely say me and Ariana had a awesome night, drinking, chatting and dancing on the tables. Alex's friends were really nice and were fun to hang out with. Courtney however somehow got really drunk and disappeared. Not like we couldn't find her and gave up looking, like she vanished off the face of the earth. At about 3am, when we got a taxi home we were stressing because we couldn't find or get in touch with Courtney AT ALL. As soon as we got home and saw the uneaten McDonalds by her door we knew she was fine and had headed to bed. Needless to say, she had not picked up her friend from the bus stop but that was clearly tomorrows problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment