Thursday 9 April 2015


08.04.15
(100th post!)

I woke up feeing really ill today, I think all these late nights have finally caught up with me! I spent the day watching films from the top 250 list and doing some studio work that I have been ignoring. I completed 4 booklets (which will make 2 books) which I'm quite pleased about. The films I watched were all very different but very entertaining and kept me feeling exhilarated whilst I spend hours undertaking a repetitive and mundane task. I am constantly thankful that my degree involves creating and making and isn't just exams and essays however creating art can be so mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting. I feel like the art I create will only be good if I project and present a part of myself in my work. I always try and make everything I do the best it can be, outdoing the thing that came before it, otherwise whats the point in doing it? However, sometimes I worry that if I am investing the best parts of me into my studio practise, and everything else I do, without properly creatively rewarding or replenishing myself one day there will be nothing left. But maybe I am just saying this because I am ill...

No comments:

Post a Comment