Monday 13 July 2015


01.07.15

Today was the hottest day of the year so far and I spent it driving to Leeds and moving house with mum! The drive from Newcastle was lovely; we listed to good music and chased the thunderstorms that were happening all around us. 

The new house is gorgeous! We have a back garden which goes onto the Meanwood Valley and lush views from the house. I have one of the attic rooms (because I had such a big room in the last house its time I give someone else a spacious room) but there is a really convenient landing with a sink and a lot of space to store my art supplies. 

We thought the storage container was open until late today so there was no rush to get the stuff however today was the day it closes early. Me and mum got there and begged the man working there to give us 15 minuets to grab as much as we could. Mum was really upset because she was sick of driving and moving house and basic doing things for other people. I felt really bad. I managed to get most of the kitchen stuff but there was still a fair amount of stuff left. 

Mum left, telling me that she was sorry but she couldn't take another day off to help us another day and we would have to sort out the rest of our stuff ourselves. 

I was shattered but wanted to attempt to be social so I didn't have the nap I was craving and hung out down stairs. Obviously we stayed up late drinking. Mum gave me a call quite late and said if we paid her for petrol and her time she would come back tomorrow and finish with the move. We were all really thankful and it put my mind at ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment