Thursday 23 July 2015



20.07.15

Mum's birthday has been really fun, but for some reason we were all really tiered. Jim came round to the house and we all went out for a pub lunch in Rothberry before heading to Cragside. We first drove around the gardens which was lovely. The weather wasn't amazing but we made the best of it. We sat in the cafe and had some coffee to wake us up a bit and I went into the gift shop and sneakily got mum a card, a pretty pen and a cute mouse figurine for the caravan. Still tired, we drove to the walled garden and walked around for a while, enjoying the flowers and the slight improvement in the weather. 

On the way home we went into Sainsbry's where we each bought individual mini cakes (instead of a big birthday cake) and I somehow managed to sneak a massive bunch of flowers in the boot of the car. 

We all just took some time out when we got home. Mum helped me sort out my finances and Jim watched Holyoaks. After about an hour it was time for cake and presents. I gave mum the things I had picked up throughout the day as well as Harper Lee's new book. 

My train back to Leeds was at around 10 so mum gave me a lift and Jim came along for the ride. The train was delayed but it was OK because after I left mum and Jim to stand on the right platform I called Rory and we had a really nice conversation. We kept talking while I was on the train until I lost signal and we settled for a text conversation. He kept me company until midnight when he went to sleep. 

I finally got home at 1am where I could finally sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment