Sunday 19 July 2015


18.07.15

I am going home for the weekend and so booked a train for 9.45am. I got up early and walked to the station and everything was going well, until  I realised I didn't have my student rail card with me (making my tickets invalid). After a huge panic I ended up buying a new rail card for 30 quid and only catching my train by the skin of my teeth! 

The journey was alight and I got a fair bit of dissertation reading done. I planned on meeting Emily in town but she was late or something so I decided to have a wander around the city alone for a bit. I popped into the Tyneside Cinema and picked up a program and discovered that they are screening live streaming of Shakespeare plays. There will be a RCS production of Othello in August and I thought Rory might want to go. I gave him a ring and its a date! 

I was sad to miss the gay pride events happening in the city, but Emily said she would like to meet by the coast so I got on the metro. I got off at Monkseaton and we walked to Whitley Bay. A new Vegetarian/Vegan cafe called Pulp Fiction has just opened so we thought we would check it out. The a sun was out so we sat in the little garden area while we ate. The juices were amazing and the food was really delicious! I got quiche with a bean salad and cherry tomatoes and Emily got a curry. I will defiantly be going back to try more of the menu. 

Emily is moving back in with Kyle and wanted my opinion on a house. We went back to her house, Kyle met us there, and her mum gave us a lift to the house. After the viewing her mum kindly gave me a lift to the coast where I could meet Rory. I went for a walk along the beach while I waited for him to cycle from Tynemouth. It was nice to be by the sea and the sand. 

As usual Rory was late and so instead of hanging out by the coast I planned I just asked him to walk me home. I was hangry and needed the curry mum left in the fridge for me while she went to the caravan. When we got in we ate, drank tea and set up the Xbox. He was only planing on staying for a couple of hours but (as always) he called home and pushed back his leaving time so he could stay for longer. It was really lovely to see him, especially because I didn't expect to see him at all! 

He left at around 10 and I showered and went straight to bed. I was incredibly sleepy and needed to get some rest for the colour run tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment