Thursday 4 February 2016


04.05.16

Mum came to Leeds today for a training day and so parked at my house just after 9 in the morning. I got up to let her in and rushed to get ready so we could have a cup of tea before we called the taxi which would take her to the training day venue in the city centre. I got in the taxi too and asked the driver to drop me off at uni, where I spent the day in the studio until about 3pm when I left to meet mum for some food. We met up in the city art gallery cafe, which is one of the nicest rooms I have even seen! We had a cup of coffee each and talked about our days. She told me about her training day, which she thought was part of an interview for a job when in actual fact she had already been given the job (well done mum!) and I gave her a sketch book tour. 

We then popped into Primark so I could grab some hair ties and sunglasses for my journey to Exeter tomorrow and then went to Las Iguanas for some food. After our lovely meal we walked back to my house where me and mum parted ways. It was a fabulous day and Im so glad she got the job (and the opportunity to visit!). I spent the rest of the evening packing for my weekend away and preparing food and charging my iPod, laptop, phone, etc. ready for the 8 hour journey. I went to bed early-ish in an attempt to get some level of rest so I would not rely on having to get a good amount of sleep on the bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment