Friday 19 February 2016

18.02.16

I met up with Sinead and headed to the studio and worked for a bit before heading into town. I picked up some thread for my studio practice, a cowboy hat for Sinead's Otley run on Saturday and some other bits and bobs. We then went to Costa where Nathan (Sinead's boyfriend) worked and he gave me a free mocha! 

I needed to get back to uni for 3:45 as I had a dissertation meeting about the work I handed in a couple of weeks ago. The feedback I got was good and constructive, but I got the feeling my tutor didn't really have any faith in me and asked if it was possible I could get an extension. This comment and various others (such as the was she felt she wished we could have properly discussed my topic earlier in the year, her inability to understand my working style and what feels like a complete misunderstanding of the issues surrounding my learning disabilities) made me extremely stressed at the idea I only have a month until hand in and frustrated at my dyslexia. I cried in my meeting and then cried in the toilets for a bit. Sinead called me about something and ended up comforting me and kindly offered to come round to my house tomorrow to help me with my work. I then called mum who I vent all my frustrations and sadness to. When I got home I cooked brownies with Amy, Simon and John and we played cards against humanity and watched tv for the evening. I felt pretty shitty but put on a happy face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment