Friday 12 February 2016


12.02.16

I got up really early and headed to the post office in town to send some packages to Courtney and Jess. I felt like a grown up doing grown up things because I had never sent a parcel before! It was fun and easy and the experience has confirmed that me and Rory will be celebrating our first valentines day in 4 years! I am hoping to send him a little something :3 

I then went to the Henry Moore Institute to see an exhibition Snead had recommended which was really good! If your in Leeds I would recommend popping in, its called 'The Necropolitan Line' by Katrina Palmer and its a quite small but very quirky exhibition. Even if you think you don't like art, you never know, you might like it! In the City Art Gallery there was another y helpful for my studio practice. In the City Art Gallery the work of Christine Kozlov was being exhibited. I found this very inspiring and extremely helpful for my studio practice. In this exhibition I found a quote by Gertrude Stein from the 1933 'Autobiography of Alice B' which perfectly explains my reasoning behind this blog: 

"The abnormal, it is so obvious.  ...The normal is so much more simply complicated/and interesting."

I made an appearance at uni, ate my lunch and printed some work off. I headed home, ate pasta and had a relatively quiet Friday night in. Today was a lot more productive than yesterday and I am ready to buckle down with dissertation over the weekend! Lets hope these good feelings last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment