Sunday 14 February 2016

14.02.16

I spent this years Valentines day alone for the most part, working on dissertation in the Kitchen before heading to the library for a change of scenery. I made myself a bomb ass breakfast though, and so, seeing as it the most interesting thing to happen to me today I thought it might as well be today's photo. Egg is my fave and coupled with veggie couscous and salad leaves it is a dream :) 

Rory couldn't remember exactly what date valentines day was so has wished me a 'happy Valentines day' almost every day this week just in case :') Me and Rory have never really celebrated Valentines day because either we forgot or because we haven't been able to see each other, but its not really our thing anyway! I mean, we always forget when our anniversary too and so never celebrate that! To be quite honest, I don't really care about that stuff, its not what defines my relationship. My relationship should not have to deal with the strain of these weird traditions my culture thinks I should care about. I couldn't care less if Rory got me a gift or took me on a date, in fact I would prefer him to do that ANY OTHER DAY because then it would feel like he wanted to do it, rather than being told to by society. However I do think valentines day is a fun day and I hope everyone has had a lovey-dovey day :) I painted Rory a cute picture of Jigglypuff and Gengar (which you can see on my Instagram @awesomefroghat ) printed off some photos of us over the past few years and wrote up my recipe for iced tea that he has been asking for and put them in the post yesterday so he should get them tomorrow/Tuesday. The beauty of this sentiment is it only cost the price of a stamp. Thrifty gift giving is my specialty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment