Thursday 11 June 2015


01.06.15

How I managed to get up at 6am every day of my school life is beyond me. I struggled to get up but when I finally did I showered (as I will be unable to do so over the next 5 days) and got ready for my hospital appointment. I booked a taxi but it took ages and I was a little late to my appointment.
The doctor called my name and asked me some questions before sending me back into the waiting room. While I was waiting I sat on the floor of the waiting room using one of the coffee tables as a desk and attempted to get some revision done. After about 20-30 minutes a nurse called me into another part of the department and I got about 108 patches of various different substances.  

When I got in I was going to revise, it was still early and I could have made a full day out of it, but instead I binged a load of You Tube and finished the embroidery I began last night.

None of the patches are particularly itchy but it’s quite uncomfortable and my movement is very limited. The tape is already coming off in some places and tickles me as it brushes against my skin. The nurse seemed to think there was a scratch mark in the middle of my back (which I cant for the life of me see!) and so couldn't put anything there, resulting on patches being placed on my lower back. I cant twist my body at all without fear of the tape coming away – as you can see in today's photograph. I'm going to have to sleep completely still If I want these to stay on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment