Sunday 21 June 2015


13.06.15

Jim decided that today was going to be his relaxing day, not truly understanding the concept of every day of a holiday being a relaxing day! We had a lie in and cooked our own breakfast as granddad went out for the morning, returning at lunchtime. I sat reading ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ on the balcony for most of the day trying to get a tan and enjoying the weather. The morning was cloudy with a bit of a breeze but by midday the sun burnt hot.

After lunch, when the sun shine no longer reached the terrace, I sat down with Jim and Grandad to watch the family favourite Wallace and Gromit. After ‘A Grand Day Out’, ‘The Wrong Trousers’ and ‘A Close Shave’ we headed to a restaurant, calling on Val on the way. I got the swordfish and it was lush! We ended up staying late when we were unexpectedly joined by Val and Granddad’s friends.

I Called Rory when I got in and I updated him on what I had been up to and he told me all about the party he went to back home. We have to limit our calls to half an hour because it’s so expensive to call but that just means we only talk about the important stuff and there is always stuff to talk about next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment