Thursday 11 June 2015


27.05.15


Today's photo is me before my exam looking very nervous doing a last minuet past paper before heading into uni. I do not recommend revising the morning of an exam but this is one of the most anxious I have ever been for an exam. However I had absolutely no reason to be nervous as I turned over the paper and there was a question for each of my fave topics: fractals, Islamic tililings and modularity. Jackpot! I cant say if I did well or not but I can feel happy and secure knowing that I preformed to the best of my abilities and could not have done any better. Any mark I get will be a fair reflection of my work and understanding and you cant hope for anything better than that! I love this feeling of post exam success! 

I called mum as soon as I left the exam and we talked as I walked home. When I got home I watched the shark documentaries that have been on the BBC iplayer (which I highly recommend) and sewed.

The Thrilling Tale of How Rosie Almost Missed Her Exam
For those of you who do not know (or have not guessed yet reading this blog) I am dyslexic. This means I get extra time in exams. This also means I always sit my exams in a different room to my course mates, usually with fewer people and with a calmer atmosphere. I find this very helpful and feel it evens the playing field, allowing me to reach my full potential. However I will be unable to do this if i cant find the bloody room! My exam today was marked on my timetable but did not exist on any map online or otherwise! I had looked everywhere and was just about to have a breakdown in the line to the student union front desk when Ariana walked in, spotted me and came over to say hi. When she saw I was upset she asked what was wrong and i explained the situation. I genuinely thought I was going to miss my exam when she told me she knew where the room was! We practically ran to the business school which is slightly off campus and she lead me to a tiny mobile behind a church building enclosed in all the various other business buildings. Without Ariana I would have mossed that exam and even if I had found it by myself I would have been late and too flustered and upset to do well. I will always be grateful x 

No comments:

Post a Comment