Sunday 21 June 2015


15.06.15

Being Jim’s carer is the primary reason I am here in Spain, however I allowed myself one day off to go to an art gallery. I am a fan of the Picasso museum as it is but when I heard Louise Bouqure was being exhibited I simply couldn't resist.

We planned to take a boat to Malaga but there was a problem with the boat so we took the bus instead. It was a little less exciting but did the job. Once in the city we headed straight for the museum and left Jim in the Café, as he prefers coffee to art. I was soon split up from Granddad and Val, which was not a problem as I like to go round galleries alone. Galleries are a place of quiet contemplation for me in the same way a spiritual location would be for a religious individual. Its like meditation.

The exhibition was fab! I was thoroughly impressed and it was amazing to see works I have read about, seen pictures of and studied.

We then went to lunch and headed home. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing. Jim kept to his room and I popped down to the marina to do some shopping. I am planning on stocking up on peoples birthday presents and managed to pick up some cute goodies but also got some treats for myself including a mother of pearl necklaces and some bracelets.

Granddad took Val home and came back very late because one of their good friends has had heart surgery this afternoon and is intensive care. He seemed upset but I didn't really know what to do. I hope a cuddle and an ‘I love you’ was enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment