Sunday 21 June 2015



14.06.15

The weather this morning could not make up its mind if it wanted to be cloudy or sunny but I insisted we went for a picnic in the park whatever the weather. Even when it’s cloudy here it’s bloody hot! And I have noticed I still need to pile on the sun cream because even when covered by clouds the sun is still scorching!

We left at midday and met Val there. I chose a good spot in the middle of the park, away from the surrounding roads and far enough away from the play park that we were somewhat isolated. We lay down out blankets and towels and chilled. Jim ate, Val read, I drew and Granddad slept. Granddad was sceptical about the weather but I had faith the sun would come out, and I was right! Me and Jim wandered around the park for most of the day. I let him lead as he had already had a little explore after he had eaten when I just wanted to sunbathe a bit. We enjoyed the greenery and wildlife of the park which included a cactus garden, a bamboo garden, ducks, chickens, doves, peacocks, turtles, goats, lizards and various bugs.


When we got home we chilled and the 4 of us ate tea. I love Granddad’s cooking. We planned to watch the final Wallace and Gromit on the DVD ‘A Matter of Loaf and Death’ but had some unexpected visitors. Granddad’s friends (who I met very briefly before) came over and I Joined Granddad and Val sitting with them on the terrace for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment