Sunday 21 June 2015


09.06.15

Mum woke us up at 4am to catch our flight to Spain at 7:10. Mum cooked us a fried egg sandwich each before we got in the taxi to the airport. I was planning on tacking some dissertation reading with me to Spain and ordered some books off Amazon but because they did not arrive in time I went to the WHSmiths in the airport and purchased my own copy of ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ and another book called ‘The First Fifteen Lives of Henry August’ as well as a design magazine and a magazine filled with short stories which looked intriguing. We boarded the flight no problem and I slept for more than half the journey and read for the rest. The flight was on time and we got into Spain in good time. Granddad and Val met us at the airport which was nice as Val, unlike granddad, had a car and saved us the train journey back to granddads apartment. When we got we ate lunch and decided to relax for the rest of the day, agreeing that the real holiday began tomorrow. We ate lunch, unpacked and then I went to sleep for a couple of hours.

The weather was a little cloudy meaning the sun was not scorching and the heat was bearable. After my nap we headed to Granddad's favourite Chinese restaurant. I am so happy to be here 


No comments:

Post a Comment