Thursday 11 June 2015



03.06.15

Today was a long, eventful and mostly fun day. I was up at 6am again to get to my hospital appointment and my patches have been removed to reveal all sorts of allergic reactions. Rashes, swelling, blisters, discolouration, scabs, peeling – my back has it all! The nurse who removed them was really nice and made many sympathetic oohs and ouches. I haven’t been told what I am allergic to yet but I have brought it a sample of the balloons which gave the initial allergic reaction and they have added a patch of it to my arm. The nice nurse made small talk and when I told her I was leaving the hospital to go to an exam she asked the doctor if she could put some cream on some of my wounds to stop them from irritating me in my exam. I was very grateful and touched at her kindness. 

My exam went as well as could have been expected. That doesn't mean it went badly but I'm not convinced it went that well either. Even with my extra time for dyslexia I have no idea how anyone could have completed that exam to the best of their abilities. Excluding the extra 6 minuets I had we had half an hour to answer 4 very broad questions. I am unsure how they expected us to produce essay answers in this time which consisted of more than 3 paragraphs but I also don’t understand anything else behind this modal.

I got home, called mum and poured myself a pint of cider and black. Ruby, David, Elle, Kidd and Jess arrived a little earlier than I expected and I was so happy to see them. The moment I saw them it felt like it was summer and I was free! The unloaded the car and we chilled for a bit. The others had got the mega bus down and were going to meet us at the first bar.

I quickly got ready and just as I did Laura, Elys and Elys’ flatmate Tom arrived. We caught the bus to Woodies, the first bar on the list. Everyone looked FABULOUS. We were true Otley runners in our efforts and I was happily surprised to see people who do not normally dress up put in the effort (looking at you Jacob!). I was so happy and very flattered people would make the effort and come to this event.

Our night continued and we proceeded to drink ungodly amounts of alcohol. By the time we got to Dry Dock (the last bar) the weak had been divided from the strong. Alice (who was drunk and hilarious) took most people home while I continued into town with Courtney, David, Ben, Jess and Tom. We ended our night in Smokestack and headed home.

Tonight was a big success and I am happy to have started my summer with a bang! 

No comments:

Post a Comment