Friday 26 June 2015


23.06.15

Woke up at 7 to make sure we had collected all our things and finished the last bits of packing, have breakfast, get to the airport and catch our 11:55 flight. Val drove us to the airport and we got there with plenty of time. It’s always hard to say goodbye to Granddad but I think it was harder this time because we have stayed for much longer than the last few years.

When we went through security Jim had forgotten to take his wallet out of his pocket and so was patted down and my bag was chosen for a random check so that was quite eventful. Our flight was delayed by 20 minutes so we just chilled in a cafĂ© for a while before heading to the gate. I went to the duty free and purchased a big bottle of Captain Morgan for about £9. Love a good bargain!

The flight was ok, I watched Adventure Time on my iPod for the majority of the journey.

Mum was waiting for us at arrivals and we told her all about our holiday during the journey back. It was cloudy and a bit chilly when we first landed but by the time we got home the sun was shining. I sat in the garden for a while before unpacking a bit and showing mum all the presents I bought for people and the clothes I got from the charity shop.

Rory came round after work and we had a really nice earning together. We just talked and watched Drawn Together and drew and were all cuddly and soppy and gross. I felt like we spent some amazing quality time together. I hope this is a good sign for the rest of the summer. Tonight made up for the upset of a few days ago and has filled me with a bit more confidence in this long distance thing. It’s still hard but when I feel as happy in the relationship as I 

No comments:

Post a Comment