Thursday 11 June 2015


05.06.15

I was up early today for my final hospital appointment. Because the taxies have been consistently late I called for one really early and it was at my door in 20 minutes. I was really early for my appointment but I got seen to straight away and was out the door by 9:20 (the actual time of my appointment). The patch test only reinforced what I already knew: my skin sucks and it hates me. I am allergic to the chemicals used in the production of latex and rubber. Products which contain these chemicals include; shoes, paint, swimwear, glue, tiers and a variety of other unavoidable objects and substances. Wonderful.

At about midday I headed into town with Amy who needed to post her trampolineing coach booklet and pick up some bits and bobs for Parklife before going into work at 3. I wanted to get some appropriate shoes for Leeds Ball tomorrow but wasn't sure what was going to fit the bill so Amy offered to help. We met up with her work mate also named Amy and we sorted out her post and then headed into the shopping part of Leeds. I ended up buying some flat red platform sandals from Primark and a thin belt of the same colour to jazz up by black off-the-shoulder dress. Amy also kindly offered me any of her nail polishes – an offer which always stands but it was still nice of her to make sure I knew.

Amy and Amy set off to work and I headed home. Courtney was in work all day and had been texting me so I used my new found freedom to visit her. I sat at the bar for ages, ordering Courtney concoctions and chatting. After a while we were joined by Courtney’s friend Henry who was visiting (and who I didn't really meet properly yesterday as I fell asleep so ridiculously early!). He is really nice and has lived in England before when he studied at Cambridge so it was nice to talk about his understanding of British culture. I am fascinated by the outside perspective as it is something I will never be able to see or truly understand, even if I was to leave the UK.


When we went home we continued to drink and planned on going out. I could have just got ready and gone but I was in desperate need of a shower (having been unable to during my allergy test) and I took too long to get ready so that didn't happen. To be honest it was probably all for the best as my day drinking caught up with me with a vengeance and bed was probably the best place for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment